"Where there is hope, there is life." - Anne Frank

Monday 11 May 2015

Revlon Ultra HD Lipstick | Review


While I was browsing the aisles of Boots I came across, what looked to me, like a new release from Revlon. I don't think that I have seen these before because if I had I'm sure my inner magpie would have drawn me to them instantly due to the classy shiny packaging. Anyway, this is the Revlon Ultra HD Lipstick in the shade 'Rose'. 


Now initially the packaging and design of this product reminded me of the Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters, which I don't have the fondest memories of, but I was pleasantly surprised. Revlon claims that they are weightless, wax free and true to colour. They also have a gel base which allows a smoother application and finish. I have to say I didn't particularly notice a great deal of a difference with the finish of this product compared to other lipsticks but I guess it's a nice idea. This felt almost like a lip balm on first application, but throughout the day tended to dry out a little bit. However a little dab of lip balm solved that issue with no problems. 

As far as being weightless, I have to say, I agree with Revlon. This was definitely not one of those lipsticks that I was conscience I was wearing and in fact I forgot I was wearing it quite a lot of the time. I have to tell you that this does wear off throughout eating and drinking but because of the colour and formula I found that it was easy to reapply without a mirror. 

The colour selection of this range is pretty descent. This is one of the more neutral colours of the range, and I absolutely adore it. It is the perfect 'my lips but better' shade which gives your lips the perfect balance of a neutral pink. Many of the other colours in the range are quite vibrant and having swatched a few I decided to give them a miss as many of them had fine glitter through them, which I'm not a fan of. I also was unsure how the other shades would wear compared to this one because when this comes off a little it's not all that noticeable whereas I'm sure the others would be a bit more obvious. 

Overall I am really pleased with this purchase and in my books it was money well spent. And for me, it's the perfect spring/summer everyday shade, despite being at times a little dry.

You can find the Revlon Ultra HD Lipstick in the shade 'Rose' on the Boots website for £7.99 here.



Thanks for reading this post, I hope you enjoyed! Make sure you check out my links on the left of my blog to keep up to date with me on my social networks.

Emma





This post was not sponsored.
Oh and another thing, #WWAD. Get it trending folks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think by leaving me a comment.